Monday, December 27, 2010

More Last-minute knitted gifts

More last-minute knitted gifts...such a perfect title.  This book By Joelle Hoverson is just that...last minute gifts and it is quickly becoming my favorite book to go to.  I have knitted 3 projects out of it so far(with each project being knit more than 2 times)....I just love it.  I cannot say enough good things about this book.  My favorite thing about this book is how it is divided up, the clarity of the instructions and her little tid-bits to help the project to go smoother.  I just love it. 
Right now I have to of the projects on the needles.  One is the soft baskets, so far it is going well.  I have a few fears over the cable cast-on and the seaming, but I am hoping that it will go well!  I will need to do a little research and find a tutorial for cable CO...it's a first for me!  The other one is the family ribbed hats.  This is the second time I have made this hat and I truely love the pattern.  It is so thick and perfect for my family that lives up North.  I made a black one for my father-in-law and he loves it.  I totally forgot to take pictures too...darn it!
So I cannot say enough good about this book.  If you are a knitter in need of a good book full of ideas that can also be adapted...here is your book!  If you are not a knitter but know some...such a great gift for them, maybe with a skein of yarn, the needles and your favorite pattern marked(just a little hint for them?!)  Any knitter will love this book!  Happy knitting and crafting my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment