Thursday, December 23, 2010

And there was yarn

So here it is 2 days before christmas and I find myself surrounded by yarn, not just physically, but also in my thoughts.  I'm thinking about what yarn is better for what, what pattern will look good with the yarn and on the particular person.  How to minimize my gift knitting so it is not so overwhelming, but we all know that will never happen!  It is 2 days before christmas and my gift knitting list has grown each day!  How does that happend?  Why does that happen? 
I am working on mittens for all three of my kid's...just little stocking stuffers.  Not that we really need mittens here in South Texas, but it's fun and my kid's will love them.  I was mid way through the second mitten for my oldest daughter when I ran out of the gray Malabrigo Worsted that I am using..dang it!  I guess it is a good thing that I threw in a few stripes of little lovely.  Her mittens won't match, but I think she will like the randomness of the two mittens, or I hope she does! 

I am also working on a scarf for my mom.  It will surely not make it to her in time for Christmas, but oh well, she will get it shortly after!  I am making the Big Lace Scarf from More last-minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.  This is a great book, love all the ideas and how she has the projects broken up into hours of knitting.  Most of them are pretty quick and perfect little gifts.  I am using on of my very favorite yarns, Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky.  I just love this yarn, it is fast to knit, so dang soft and squishy and just a yummy yarn to hold.  I am using the color Lava and it is beautiful, just plain beautiful.  I should finish the scarf tonight or tomorrow...depending on when I finish the mittens and whip some up for my son.

So this is what's on my plate for now....and my mind.  Yarn, lot's and lot's of yarn.  I am using three skeins for my mom's scarf, random bit's and pieces for the mittens.  I can't let and ounce of the wonderful Malabrigo go to waste you know!  I just love it.  All though my mind is swimming with yarn and idea's it's a good thing.  It makes me happy and content.  So there is yarn and lot's of it and I LOVE it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment