Sunday, December 26, 2010

Knitted Gifts

So the last two days have been full of super quick knitting!  We are talking 6 projects in two days!  Woohooo!

The first three gifts were for my kiddo's.  I used the book more last-minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson again and made the pointy elf hat!  I just love this pattern, the hat is so cute, it really is so very fast too!  I think I made each hat in just over an hour and had fun doing it too!  Nothing better then instant gratification knitting!  Can you tell I'm excited with all those exclamation points?!!?  I did not have a bulky yarn I wanted to use so I just used some Malabrigo Worsted held double and it worked beautifully...again love my malabrigo!  The top picture is all three hat's together.  The first hat on the left is cactus flower and a little bit of little lovely.  I think they made a beautiful hat!  The second hat in the middle is for my son and it is marine and paris night held together...it is such a cool look tweedish color up close.  The last hat on the right is little lovely and amoroso held together...it is my favorite by bar.  I think the colors look so cool together.  LOVE THESE!
On to the scarves!  I finished the lace scarf for my mom and it looks amazing.  She is going to love it, that I am sure of.  I am trying to whip out the last scarf for her and I am pretty sure she is going to like it too.  It is a pattern that I adapted from something else...but I love it.  I call it my Simply Knit scarf.  It is all knitting and slipping of stitches, but NO purling what so ever!  What could be better!?  I use this pattern for dish cloths and now scarves...it looks super great in varigated colors.  So here is a sneak peak at the scarf and tomorrow I hope to post the pattern.  Not sure if anyone will ever use it, but heck it's worth a try!  I am using Malabrigo Rasta in the color way indiecita..it really is pretty.  I was not so sure about it in the begining, but I really like how it is knitting up.  If you get the chance to buy some rasta, I highly recommend it!  It is so worth the price.
Happy knitting my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment